NordicTrack Commercial 9.9 Elliptical Review
Cyber Monday Deal Alert! The Nordictrack commercial 9.9 is now $100 off. Click here to check it out.
Similarly to its predecessor, the key features that made it a fan favorite—a 25 pound flywheel, 20% power incline that automatically adjusts with training programs, and a 7-inch HD touchscreen—are all still part of the equation. From there its console design has been streamlined to focus more on the iFit experience, which users in all fitness categories (including ourselves are quite fond of). The diversity of available training is significant, and includes everything from more gentle workouts that focus on mobility to high-intensity sessions that are all about that calorie burn. From there, we even find the much-loved iFit Global Workouts, where riders follow a trainer along mapped routes around the globe, with incline and resistance adjusting to the terrain you virtually travel down on the screen.
One thing we have to call out as a bit of a downfall is the change in warranty that we’ve seen sweeping across the NordicTrack lineup. Unlike past years where we’ve been very impressed with the brand’s warranty terms, the current warranty on the Commercial 9.9 Elliptical (like all other NT machines now) is sadly subpar. The machine has coverage of 10 years on its frame, 2 years on parts and electronics, and 1 year on labor.
Our Favorite Features
- Adjustable stride from 17.5″ to 18.7″ to support a natural gait
- 25-pound flywheel for smooth operation and a wide range of resistance settings for cross training
- Programming diversity via iFit ensures that users will have access to plenty of different workout options depending on their preferences and goals
- Heart rate monitoring sensors are built into the machine’s grips to provide more detailed workout metrics
- Comfortable with oversized cushion pedals and levelers
- Compact footprint when compared to larger rear-drive ellipticals, without compromising overall riding experience
- 7” touch screen for viewing iFit Coach workouts in high definition
- Built-in fans will keep riders cool as they power through their daily workouts
- Automated incline with range from zero to 20 degrees for good comfort and varied exercise
- Bluetooth Audio allows users to connect their personal devices to add a soundtrack to their workouts without relying on a cable input
- User weight capacity of 350 pounds
- Easy to transport with front-mounted transport wheels
NordicTrack Commercial 9.9 Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Stride Length:||17.5"-18.7" Adjustable Stride|
|Fan:||Autobreeze Workout Fan|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||68.25" L x 28.75" W x 68.5" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- Lacks a wireless heart rate receiver
- Slow customer service is common when replacement parts are needed
- Short warranty terms when compared to the competition is a bit of a disappointment
- Wifi is needed to access iFit, which is the focal point of all training on the Commercial 9.9 Elliptical
- Less user control than most NordicTrack ellipticals with only 22 digital resistance levels
The Bottom Line
Like a lot of machines out there, the NordicTrack Commercial 9.9 Elliptical isn’t suited to everyone (primarily on account of its subscription-based business model), but it’s still a solid option for those who appreciate the added motivation and commitment of having streaming training sessions at their fingertips. You’ll never be bored working out on this machine, and though its warranty has shrunk, NordicTrack has a generally good track record in terms of machine longevity.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will the NordicTrack Commercial 9.9 last?
There are a few features to look for in a durable elliptical. For starters, a high weight capacity is a sign of good quality. With a limit of 350 lbs., high durability can be expected of the NordicTrack Commercial 9.9. Another good sign is the commercial, solid-steel construction. We would like to see a longer warranty. Where many products back their quality with lifetime warranties on the frame, NordicTrack only covers 10 years. This makes it all the more important you ensure your NordicTrack Commercial 9.9 lasts as long as possible by following the manufacturer’s maintenance guidance.
How much does the Nordictrack Commercial 9.9 weigh?
The NordicTrack Commercial 9.9 weighs 244 lbs.
Can I use the NordicTrack Commercial 9.9 without iFit subscription?
You can use the NordicTrack Commercial 9.9 without an iFit subscription, but you’ll be limited to the machine’s built-in programs.
What is the monthly cost of iFit?
You can enjoy on-demand workouts from fitness professionals through the iFit program for a much cheaper cost than you’d pay in most gyms. Monthly family plans run $39/mo. You can bundle and save on annual plans with two options: annual family plans cost $396/yr., and you’ll pay $180/yr. for an individual subscription.
Does NordicTrack Commercial 9.9 elliptical require lubrication?
Yes, just like a treadmill, elliptical machines require regular maintenance, which includes lubrication. Depending on how many people in the home use your NordicTrack Commercial 9.9 elliptical, it’s good practice to apply lubrication every 3-6 months.
How long does it take to assemble a NordicTrack C9.9 elliptical?
NordicTrack includes very detailed assembly instructions. Expect to spend between 1-2 hours for assembly. While it’s possible for one person to assemble alone, considering the machine weighs 244 pounds, it’s a good idea to have a helping hand available.